Last revised on 1st December, 2016
While we make every reasonable effort to ensure that information provided on this site is accurate and current, you should not assume that the information provided is always current or that this site contains all the relevant information available.
We value your comments, ideas, suggestions and feedback in connection with your use of the site but the Organization shall not be obliged to respond to, maintain or compensate you in any way whatsoever for your comments. Once submitted or offered, your comments shall become the property of the Organization which shall thus exclusively own all such rights, title and interests in the comments and shall not be limited in any way in its use, commercial or otherwise, of any of the comments.
You warrant that the comments submitted by you to the Site do not and will not violate any right of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or any other personal or proprietary right. You agree not to submit or offer any comments that will be or will contain any defamatory, unlawful, abusive or obscene material. The Organization disclaims any liability towards any third party regarding your comments and you shall remain accountable towards any third party regarding the contents of your comments.
Registration Data; Account Security.
In consideration of your use of the Site, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about you as may be prompted by any registration forms on the Site ("Registration Data"); (b) maintain the security of your password and identification; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to the Organization, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (d) be fully responsible for all use of your membership account and for any actions that take place using your account. Once you have registered with Artists' Books in South Africa, your personal details can only be amended by using your chosen password. We suggest that you keep this password private to ensure that no one else can gain access to your information. You can change your password at any time by visiting My Account.
Proprietary Rights in Site Content; Limited License.
All content on and available through the Site, including designs, text, graphics, pictures, video, information, applications, software, music, sound and other files, and their selection and arrangement (the "Site Content"), are the proprietary property of the Organization, its users or its licensers with all rights reserved. No Site Content may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, scraped, displayed, posted, transmitted or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without the Organization’s prior written permission, except that the foregoing does not apply to your own User Content (as defined below) that you legally post on the Site. Provided that you are eligible for use of the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and the Site Content and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Site Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you keep all copyright or other proprietary notices intact.
Artists' Books in South Africa and all elements of our logo, graphics, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks of the Organization in South Africa. The Organization's trademarks may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the Organization.
If you have chosen to subscribe to the Organization’s newsletter, we will be informing you on a regular basis about new campaigns, news and information listed on the Site, as well as any additions to the website. The Organization will only contact you with news of Artists' Books in South Africa and/or partnership news and information, if you've indicated you would like to receive our newsletter at registration.
You understand that the Site is available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You represent, warrant and agree that no materials of any kind submitted through your account or otherwise posted, transmitted, or shared by you on or through the Site will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material. In addition, you agree not to use the Site to:
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- use the Site in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site;
- use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Site;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content deemed to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any videos other than those of a personal nature that: (i) are of you or your friends, (ii) are taken by you or your friends, or (iii) are original art or animation created by you or your friends;
- register for more than one User account, register for a User account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for a User account on behalf of any group or entity;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available on the Site any private information of any third party, including, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- solicit personal information from anyone under 18 or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intimidate or harass another;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, national or international law;
- use or attempt to use another's account, service or system without authorization from the Organization, or create a false identity on the Site.
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of Organization, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose Organization or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
User Content Posted on the Site.
You are solely responsible for the photos, profiles (including your name, image, and likeness), messages, notes, text, information, music, video, advertisements, listings, and other content that you upload, publish or display (hereinafter, "post") on or through the Site, or transmit to or share with other users (collectively the "User Content"). You may not post, transmit, or share User Content on the Site or Service that you did not create or that you do not have permission to post.
You understand and agree that the Organization may, but is not obligated to, review the Site and may delete or remove (without notice) any Site Content or User Content in its sole discretion, for any reason or no reason, including User Content that in the sole judgment of the Company violates this Agreement, or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of users or others. You are solely responsible at your sole cost and expense for creating backup copies and replacing any User Content you post or store on the Site or provide to the Organization.
When you post User Content to the Site, you authorize and direct us to make such copies thereof as we deem necessary in order to facilitate the posting and storage of the User Content on the Site. By posting User Content to any part of the Site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to the Organization an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sub-license) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such User Content for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, on or in connection with the Site or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Content, and to grant and authorize sub-licenses of the foregoing. You may remove your User Content from the Site at any time. If you choose to remove your User Content, the license granted above will automatically expire, however you acknowledge that the Company may retain archived copies of your User Content. Artists' Books in South Africa does not assert any ownership over your User Content; rather, as between us and you, subject to the rights granted to us in these Terms, you retain full ownership of all of your User Content and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your User Content.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and we prohibit users from uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting on the Artists' Books in South Africa web site or service any materials that violate another party's intellectual property rights. When we receive proper Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement, we promptly remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material and terminate the accounts of repeat infringers as described herein in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If you believe that any material on the Site infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you may send a written notification of such infringement to our Administrator (email@example.com). Please contact us to report infringement of your copyright.
Repeat Infringer Policy.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable law, the Organization has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Organization's sole discretion, members who are deemed to be repeat infringers. The Organization may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Site and/or terminate the memberships of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
Third Party Websites and Content.
The Site contains (or you may be sent through the Site) links to other web sites ("Third Party Sites") as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the "Third Party Applications, Software or Content"). Such Third Party Sites and Third Party Applications, Software or Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third Party Sites accessed through the Site or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content posted on, available through or installed from the Site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices or other policies of or contained in the Third Party Sites or the Third Party Applications, Software or Content. Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use or installation of any Third Party Site or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the Site and access the Third Party Sites or to use or install any Third Party Applications, Software or Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Site or relating to any applications you use or install from the Site.